Bachelor of Arts - Visual Arts2007
University of Northern Colorado - Greeley, CO
Associate of Arts; Certificate in Digital Media2004
Leeward Community College - Pearl City, HI
WebmasterOct 2008 - Current Morgan Community College
When I started in 2008, I was responsible for redesigning and upgrading the website, and getting the college on social media. I have worked closely with the Director of College Communications and Marketing as the sole web employee, performing the duties of a webmaster in both design, development, and ongoing maintenance. I have also quite often taken on the duties of a graphic designer in producing both internal and external collateral. As needed, I produce original photography for both mediums. I am also in charge of college-wide social media strategies. Additionally, I have also often been asked to do presentations on new design trends and technology for the other 12 colleges in our state-wide system, and have provided support to my counterparts.
Web DesignerMay 2007 - Oct 2008 Viaero Wireless
Responsible for various print ads and marketing materials, as well as the redesign and maintenance of the company's Web site and sister sites.
User Experience Design
Social Media Management
- Able to carry out user testing and analyze results to build web experiences that allow users to get the information they need as quickly and easily as possible.
- Expertise in web accessibility and building sites to conform to WCAG 2.0.
- Proficiency in using Google Analytics. (Currently seeking certification.)
- Able to manage large projects and use time accordingly in order to meet deadlines.
- Extremely detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of all web and print material being distributed.
- Able to work independently or as part of a larger team.
- Able to weigh both human and technology factors to problem-solve at any level.